LES JARDINS DU GUéThe murmuring sound of water, the melody of birdsong and the soughing of the breeze
DescriptionA magnificent spot The gardens run along the banks of the river Thouet, which is a tributary of the Loire. It is in the heart of a valley especially prized by those who love nature. It is quiet, calm and ideal for gentle strolls along the riverbank. You are welcome to bring a picnic and spread out on the grass. The Seven Gardens Your visit will allow you to explore, one by one, the seven gardens which make up the whole estate.
- Travellers’ Garden with an arboretum, species from all seven continents (even the arctic!), and a mixed group of ‘wandering’species which love to invade new territory.
- Lovers’ Garden with its display of roses and its plants with hidden meanings.
- Succulents’ Garden. A large collection of succulents, including Sempervivum
- Artistic Garden with columns, pond and a Florentine inspired corner.
- Yummy Garden with aromatic plants, vegetable patch, a section in the style of Charlemagne, a circle of four tomato beds with 49 varieties, another circle of beds for all the plants in the pumpkin family and a special area where unusual vegetables are grown.
- Brave Man’s Garden with its impressive rockery.... and finally
- The Garden of Time with a clock made out of flowers and a republican calendar.
|children from 7 to 14||2.50 €|
|Under 7 years||free|
|Guided tour||7 € per guide Groups: one free for 7 paying people (the 8th does not pay), free guide.|
Ouvert du 1 Avril au 31 Octobre, tous les jours, de 9h00 à 12h00 et de 14h00 à 18h00.